Want to know an easy way to compare the cheapest insurance rates in Tiverton, RI? Tiverton buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on car insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used and locate the lowest price.
It's important to compare premium rates as often as possible because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best rates on insurance a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to lower your insurance bill.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Tiverton is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you're about to read. Vehicle owners just have to know the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates over the internet.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Tiverton, RI. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,468||$734||$122|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,498||$749||$125|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,420||$710||$118|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$910||$455||$76|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,090||$545||$91|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,374||$687||$115|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,266||$633||$106|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,536||$768||$128|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,562||$781||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease insurance rates considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below examines Hyundai Elantra car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Elantra book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Honda Pilot insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Ford F-150 auto insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts can help lower premiums on car insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims before the accident.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Tiverton car insurance with certain companies.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for age of vehicle, good student, annual mileage, location of vehicle, good driver, anti-theft, and type of vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, easy pay, business or organization, family plan, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and good student.
If you need affordable Tiverton car insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Tiverton. To see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Tiverton, follow this link.
Lower Tiverton insurance rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates.
Shown below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Always keep your policy in force - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Rhode Island motor vehicle department.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
- Age of drivers - Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Extra coverages push up rates - There are many optional add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't diligent. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Vocation impacts prices - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like real estate brokers, architects and emergency personnel generally pay the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Rhode Island?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Consumers in Rhode Island can't get away from all the ads that claim the cheapest premium rates by companies like State Farm and Allstate. All the companies state the claim that people will save just by moving your car insurance policy to them.
That's great but how can every company save you money on car insurance? This is how they do it.
Many companies have specific guidelines for the right customer that will most likely be profitable. For example, a driver they prefer should be over the age of 45, has no tickets, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile may get the lowest rates in Tiverton and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Drivers who don't meet this ideal profile will probably have to pay a more expensive rate and business not being written. The ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. This is how companies can advertise the way they do. That is why you need to do a quote comparison often. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest prices for your situation.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Cost effective auto insurance is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information is located below:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)