Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest Toyota Prius insurance in Providence? Shopping for cheap Prius insurance might sound like a lofty goal if you are one of the millions of people new to online auto insurance quotes. But don't just give up because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
Unimaginable but true, most Rhode Island auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
Smart consumers take time to check auto insurance prices as often as possible because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Toyota Prius insurance in Providence on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Prius insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ways to slash your auto insurance rates in Providence.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Shopping for more affordable auto insurance policy in Providence is simple if you know the tricks. But Rhode Island vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from different companies. The quickest method to find cheaper Toyota Prius rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparison shopping, more quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Providence Prius insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Rhode Island. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
Toyota Prius insurance premiums by gender and age
The illustration below compares Toyota Prius insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Policy deductible comparison
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Toyota Prius premium costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Prius yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Prius replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Providence, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Toyota Prius, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Toyota but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Toyota Prius insurance in Providence
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Providence auto insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Providence may earn a discount on your policy.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way. But any discount will reduce the premium cost.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, accident-free, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, ease of repair, annual mileage, professional/association, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, bundle discounts, good student, multi-car, mature driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your area. To choose insurance companies who offer free Toyota Prius insurance quotes in Providence, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Providence who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn't rely on just the price. Any good agent in Providence should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does their agency support local causes in Providence?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Providence
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Providence that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kraig Cloutier
1535 Smith St #1 - North Providence, RI 02911 - (401) 861-7500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Edwin De Jesus
760 N Main St - Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 270-3042 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kiona Guzman
1214 Broad St Lowr Level - Providence, RI 02905 - (401) 785-0806 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to get several quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Providence that are able to give price quote information.
- E F Bishop Agency Inc
217 Angell St - Providence, RI 02906 - (401) 421-3210 - View Map
- North Providence Insurance
1364 Smith St - North Providence, RI 02911 - (401) 353-2500 - View Map
- Dorotime Insurance Agency
598 Charles St - Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 383-3939 - View Map
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Providence?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
More affordable auto insurance in Providence is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Providence auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. A few companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
You just learned many ways to get a better price on Toyota Prius insurance in Providence. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Providence auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Westerly, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Newport East, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Rhode Island Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)