Want to learn how to buy low-cost insurance rates in Warwick, RI? Warwick shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost car insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes for a and get the cheapest rates.
How to buy Warwick insurance online
Most of the larger companies allow you to get price estimates on their websites. The process is quite easy as you simply enter the coverages you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system orders your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get a lower rate.
To quickly find out how much you're overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Warwick, RI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,610||$805||$134|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,402||$701||$117|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$1,130||$565||$94|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,308||$654||$109|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in your specific Warwick location which can modify premium rates noticeably.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below compares auto insurance rates for male and female drivers in Warwick. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in on a Honda Civic LX.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cheaper Warwick insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver's education, good driver, good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers discounts including emergency road assistance, good driver, DriveSense, safety device, anti-theft, paid-in-full, and online quote.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and air bag.
If you need the cheapest Warwick auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in Warwick. To view providers who offer cheap insurance quotes in Rhode Island, click here.
Learn how to lower your car insurance costs
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Listed below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rates.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference - The type of car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on small economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don't pay attention. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Alarm systems save money - Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
- Commute or pleasure use - The more miles you rack up on your car in a year's time the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating - Safer cars get lower rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Employer reflects on rates - Occupations such as fire fighters, business owners and stock brokers usually pay higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like actors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Shop smart and save
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced insurance in Warwick can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
People switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is easier than you think.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Rhode Island Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Newport East, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)