Are you looking for low-cost auto insurance rates in Burrillville, RI? Searching for budget quotes on the web is rather challenging for vehicle owners that are relatively new to comparison shopping over the internet. With more and more companies competing online, how are vehicle owners expected to have time to compare every auto insurance company to find the best price?
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in the U.S. could save an average of roughly $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Get cheaper costs by understanding these factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower insurance prices. Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Discounts for theft deterrents - Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Discounts for multiple policies - Some insurance companies apply a discount to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. It's possible to still save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Single vs. married - Your spouse can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. It usually means you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
How's your driving record? - Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Only having one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
How to compare Burrillville auto insurance rate quotes
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find better pricing.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Rhode Island. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$868||$434||$72|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,628||$814||$136|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,374||$687||$115|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,402||$701||$117|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,722||$861||$144|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,580||$790||$132|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,198||$599||$100|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$944||$472||$79|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Burrillville location which can influence rates considerably.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the difference between car insurance rates for male and female drivers in Burrillville. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied on a Kia Optima LX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
A question often asked by Burrillville drivers is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The following tables determine the differences in premium rates between low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 comprehensive and collision deductible and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $250 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $16 more each month or $192 annually than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $250 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you have at least 16 months between claims, you would probably save some money by selecting a higher deductible. The illustration below shows the way you can do this calculation yourself.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$122|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $106|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$16|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $16|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||16 months|
Do auto insurance companies bend the truth?
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the companies make the same claim that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your coverage to them. How does every auto insurance company save you money on auto insurance? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Auto insurance companies give the best rates for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a driver they prefer should be over age 30, has no tickets, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer getting a price quote who matches that profile is entitled to the best price as well as save if they switch.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for this stringent profile will see higher premium rates which usually ends up with the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can advertise the way they do. Because of these techniques, drivers must compare quotes as often as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which company will have the lowest auto insurance in Burrillville.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Rhode Island overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save a ton by receiving discounts
Some providers don't always publicize every policy discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Data Collection Discounts - Burrillville drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to monitor their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, seat belt use, good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, save driver, IntelliDrive, and continuous insurance.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. For a list of auto insurance companies with discount rates in Rhode Island, follow this link.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Burrillville insurance agencies?
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Burrillville who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a insurer shouldn't rely on just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Burrillville auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you're trying to find a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Burrillville are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Be persistent to save money
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When getting Burrillville car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest auto insurance in Burrillville can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Burrillville car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Wakefield-Peacedale, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Harrisville, RI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Warwick, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)