Did you make the mistake of buying high-priced car insurance? It's quite common and there are many people just like you.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Rhode Island could cut their rates by about 15% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
Smart consumers take time to check car insurance prices before your next renewal since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rate on car insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Don't believe everything you read about car insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to find cheap car insurance in North Providence.
If you are already insured or are shopping for new coverage, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in North Providence is much easier if you know where to start. Smart shoppers just have to know the quickest method to shop their coverage around online.
Get more affordable costs by understanding these factors
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. It's important that you understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your car is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Age of drivers impacts rates - Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Poor credit decisions can cost you - Your credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Marriage is a factor - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Your stress level may be raising your rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, architects and dentists tend to have higher premium rates attributed to high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like scientists, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Alarm systems save money - Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent your car from being stolen.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Many insurance companies give discounts to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Your liability limits - Liability coverage will protect you when you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get price estimates direct online. Getting online quotes can be done by anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When complete, their quoting system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get a better rate.
To compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you're receiving rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in North Providence, RI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,342||$671||$112|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,156||$578||$96|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,720||$860||$143|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$1,470||$735||$123|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Ford Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,132||$566||$94|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,248||$624||$104|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$2,154||$1,077||$180|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$1,240||$620||$103|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,394||$697||$116|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,268||$634||$106|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,536||$768||$128|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,468||$734||$122|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can impact coverage prices greatly.
Insurance rates by gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of insurance premiums for male and female drivers in North Providence. The information is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied on a Ford Fusion SEL AWD.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Rhode Island and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts on car insurance?
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Student in College - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with a lower car insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
Remember that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Rhode Island, click this link.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local North Providence insurance agencies?
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in North Providence.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to companies in North Providence that can provide free North Providence auto insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
North Providence car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Finding a good auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. A good agent in North Providence will have answers to these questions.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
One last thing to lower rates
You just read many ways to reduce car insurance prices online in North Providence. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper North Providence auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper car insurance in North Providence is available online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Harrisville, RI? (FAQ)
- How Much are Rhode Island Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)