Did you make the mistake of buying overpriced Dodge Ram insurance in Providence? Don't feel bad because you're not the only one.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never shopped around. Providence insurance shoppers could save almost 15% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy. With vehicle owners having so many choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Dodge Ram in Providence, it's difficult to choose the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Providence is to know the fact most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information such as the make and model of your vehicles, how your vehicles are used, whether you have decent credit, and if you have an active license. Your insurance information is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To check Dodge Ram insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Rhode Island. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$254||$350||$458||$28||$138||$1,228||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$168||$276||$430||$26||$130||$1,030||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$438||$776||$618||$36||$186||$2,054||$171|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$248||$438||$518||$30||$156||$1,390||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$354||$528||$458||$28||$138||$1,506||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$304||$518||$518||$30||$156||$1,526||$127|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$250||$332||$600||$36||$180||$1,398||$117|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$322||$486||$472||$28||$142||$1,450||$121|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$276||$482||$596||$36||$178||$1,568||$131|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$338||$610||$518||$30||$156||$1,652||$138|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$276||$492||$518||$30||$156||$1,472||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$430||$854||$554||$32||$166||$2,036||$170|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$400||$684||$472||$28||$142||$1,726||$144|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$338||$610||$518||$30||$156||$1,652||$138|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$320||$502||$458||$28||$138||$1,446||$121|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$304||$516||$430||$26||$130||$1,406||$117|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$378||$766||$518||$30||$156||$1,848||$154|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$308||$568||$596||$36||$178||$1,686||$141|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$246||$480||$430||$26||$130||$1,312||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$438||$882||$618||$36||$186||$2,160||$180|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact coverage rates significantly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though Providence Ram insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Ram has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Dodge Ram but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Take advantage of these discounts
Some providers don't necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Providence car insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current Ram insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not apply in Providence.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agents is definitely important in Providence.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Providence that can give you free Providence car insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Providence insurance agency, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Providence that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Providence exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
When to get professional advice
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a Dodge Ram?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped full coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Dodge Ram insurance can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Providence. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Bradford, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Kingston, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Greenville, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)