Do you want to learn to get more affordable Ford Explorer insurance in Providence? Comparing and finding cheaper premium rates for Ford Explorer insurance in Providence may be difficult for people who have little experience quoting and comparing prices online. Since there are so many companies in the marketplace, it can easily be a chore to find more affordable prices in Rhode Island.
Shockingly, over 70% of Rhode Island drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save about 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe how much money they would save if they switched.
It's smart to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Ford Explorer insurance in Providence a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to buy cheaper Ford Explorer insurance in Providence.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Not every company does online Providence Explorer insurance quotes, so it's important to compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Rhode Island. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$166||$282||$458||$28||$138||$1,072||$89|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$220||$360||$458||$28||$138||$1,204||$100|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$244||$370||$390||$24||$116||$1,144||$95|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$198||$298||$390||$24||$116||$1,026||$86|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$304||$518||$458||$28||$138||$1,446||$121|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$248||$418||$426||$26||$128||$1,246||$104|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$450||$630||$532||$32||$160||$1,804||$150|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$212||$326||$414||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$346||$608||$490||$30||$146||$1,620||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Higher deductibles save money
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Explorer annual premium costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Explorer with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford Explorer Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates. Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Multiple policies with one company can save - Most larger auto insurance companies will award better rates to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to save money even if you insure with multiple companies
Type of car determines base premiums - The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Due to the fact that the Ford Explorer is considered a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Providence.
Traffic violations inflate costs - Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with severe tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Rural vs Urban Areas - Residing in a small town can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
Better auto insurance rates for continuous auto insurance coverage - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Rhode Island DMV.
How old are your drivers? - Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted when driving so auto insurance rates are higher.
More stress means more cost - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like military generals, executives and accountants usually pay higher rates than average because of job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Insurance loss data for Ford Explorer vehicles - Companies analyze historical claim data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Explorer vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Explorer Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Explorer 4dr 2WD||80||90||79||75||70||82|
|Ford Explorer 4dr 4WD||94||94||97||75||70||85|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Ford Explorer insurance in Providence with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Providence car insurance depending on your company.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- No Claims - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
Some of the larger companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
When getting free Providence car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of providers who offer cheap Ford Explorer insurance quotes in Providence, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You may need advice from an agent
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Providence that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: John R. Mahar
585 Warren Ave - East Providence, RI 02914 - (401) 434-5737 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Natalia Furtado
959 Mineral Spring Ave - North Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 722-4022 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeo Sanchez
1987 Mineral Spring Ave - North Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 349-2900 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Providence who can help you get rate quotes.
- Stateline Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
520 N Broadway - East Providence, RI 02914 - (401) 438-8345 - View Map
- The Virtus Group Financial and Insurance Services, Inc
10 Memorial Blvd #903 - Providence, RI 02903 - (401) 223-0500 - View Map
- Quetta Insurance LLC
400 Reservoir Ave - Providence, RI 02907 - (401) 467-6966 - View Map
Upon getting acceptable answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. Just remember you are able to terminate coverage any time you want so don't assume that you're stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
Smart consumers save more
You just learned some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Explorer insurance in Providence. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Ford Explorer insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
More affordable insurance in Providence is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Ashaway, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Rhode Island Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Homeowners in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)