How many times have you said it's time to compare more affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Providence? No one fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, especially knowing they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Unfortunately, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Providence can save $207 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company. There are many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Providence.
How to shop Ford F-150 insurance online
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Rhode Island. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$338||$548||$32||$164||$1,328||$111|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$188||$336||$548||$32||$164||$1,268||$106|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$146||$282||$458||$28||$138||$1,052||$88|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$276||$476||$418||$24||$126||$1,320||$110|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$304||$518||$406||$24||$122||$1,374||$115|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$426||$426||$26||$128||$1,276||$106|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$250||$402||$490||$30||$146||$1,318||$110|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$242||$360||$382||$22||$114||$1,120||$93|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$314||$434||$406||$24||$122||$1,300||$108|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$176||$252||$418||$24||$126||$996||$83|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$304||$426||$414||$24||$124||$1,292||$108|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$282||$430||$548||$32||$164||$1,456||$121|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$152||$232||$390||$24||$116||$914||$76|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$346||$500||$490||$30||$146||$1,512||$126|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$394||$518||$406||$24||$122||$1,464||$122|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$282||$402||$490||$30||$146||$1,350||$113|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$438||$776||$548||$32||$164||$1,958||$163|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$382||$618||$414||$24||$124||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$170||$282||$390||$24||$116||$982||$82|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$214||$382||$490||$30||$146||$1,262||$105|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$248||$418||$458||$28||$138||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$338||$618||$458||$28||$138||$1,580||$132|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$320||$524||$548||$32||$164||$1,588||$132|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$282||$490||$490||$30||$146||$1,438||$120|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$198||$306||$418||$24||$126||$1,072||$89|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$282||$578||$490||$30||$146||$1,526||$127|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$280||$492||$414||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$212||$384||$414||$24||$124||$1,158||$97|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$210||$384||$426||$26||$128||$1,174||$98|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$382||$610||$414||$24||$124||$1,554||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$314||$578||$490||$30||$146||$1,558||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify auto insurance rates considerably.
Ford F-150 insurance costs by age and gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Ford F-150 insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-150 insurance, insurance is required in Rhode Island but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Rhode Island is overpaying over $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Rhode Island drivers can't avoid all the ads for cheaper auto insurance by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies tend to make the same promise about savings if you change your policy.
How does every company cost less than your current company? It's all in the numbers.
Auto insurance companies have specific characteristics for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a desirable risk may need to be over age 30, has no claims, and has a short commute. Any driver who matches those parameters receives the best premium rates in Providence and will also save money with a new company.
Consumers who cannot meet the "perfect" profile will get a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The trick companies use is to say "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's the way companies can make the claims of big savings. This really illustrates why you should compare rate quotes every year. It is just not possible to predict the company that will be your best fit.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Switch and Save Discount - Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current F-150 insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Club Memberships - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Paperless Signup - A few companies give back up to $50 get Providence auto insurance on the web.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall bill.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, teen driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and student driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, good driver, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, new move discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and newly married.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Rhode Island, click this link.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Providence that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Providence should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Rhode Island?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Listed below are agents in Providence who can help you get price quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in Providence.
260 W Exchange St #002 - Providence, RI 02903 - (401) 353-0300 - View Map
215 Waterman Ave - East Providence, RI 02914 - (401) 438-9569 - View Map
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered many ideas to reduce Ford F-150 insurance prices online in Providence. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Tiverton, RI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Rhode Island Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Tucson? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Pawtucket, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Woonsocket, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)