Do you want to learn how to find low-cost insurance rates in Providence, RI? Providence buyers have options when searching for low-cost Ford Fusion insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes on a Ford and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Providence agents.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to reduce premiums and still have adequate protection. This article will help educate you on the best methods to compare rates and some tricks to saving. Vehicle owners just have to know the most efficient way to find the lowest price from many different companies online.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details such as types of safety features, the year, make and model of vehicles, your credit rating estimate, and your job. The data gets sent immediately to all major companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Providence.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Rhode Island. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$362||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$502||$406||$24||$122||$1,342||$112|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$304||$702||$532||$32||$160||$1,730||$144|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$492||$458||$28||$138||$1,364||$114|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$416||$382||$22||$114||$1,156||$96|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$438||$882||$548||$32||$164||$2,064||$172|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$440||$856||$406||$24||$122||$1,848||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can modify price quotes considerably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Providence
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Protect more than your Ford vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Fusion with a loan, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Alarm systems save money - Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Men drivers tend to cost more - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Never let your insurance policy expire - Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage could earn you fines and jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Rhode Island motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Safer occupants lowers insurance rates - Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Traffic violations increase rates - Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. People who have severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- More performance means more cost - The performance level of the car or truck you own makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices will generally be found on economy passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Ford Fusion is considered a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Providence.
- Insurance losses for a Ford Fusion - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Fusion Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Providence with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Providence car insurance on their website.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used Fusion can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Fusion insurance premium.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts including easy pay, business or organization, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, accident-free, and family plan.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, air bag, bundle, good student, anti-theft, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
When comparing rates, check with every company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Providence. To locate auto insurance companies who offer online Ford Fusion insurance quotes in Rhode Island, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Providence.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Providence who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
When looking for a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Providence are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but it's important to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Providence that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- A.E. Mazika Insurance Services
1529 Mineral Spring Ave - North Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 353-9300 - View Map
- G and L Insurance Associates Inc
963 Charles St - Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 727-1683 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - Zelano Insurance Agency Inc
1598 Smith St - North Providence, RI 02911 - (401) 949-1550 - View Map
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Providence willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kiona Guzman
1214 Broad St Lowr Level - Providence, RI 02905 - (401) 785-0806 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance
292 Academy Ave - Providence, RI 02908 - (401) 558-0238 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeo Sanchez
1987 Mineral Spring Ave - North Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 349-2900 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Providence?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Rhode Island?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Don't give up on cheap rates
Cheap Ford Fusion insurance in Providence can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read a lot of ways to get a better price on Ford Fusion insurance in Providence. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Providence car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much are Rhode Island Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)