There isn't a single person who likes having to buy car insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most drivers in Rhode Island have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Drivers in America could save 47% every year, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they switched. You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Finding and buying more affordable policy in Providence can be fairly easy. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. You just have to know the most effective way to compare different rates using one simple form.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Honda CR-V insurance in Providence utilizes the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information such as how your vehicles are used, what your job is, deductibles desired, and if you have an active license. Those rating factors is then sent to all major companies and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower lower-cost Honda CR-V insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Providence.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Rhode Island. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$246||$430||$466||$28||$140||$1,310||$109|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$146||$268||$390||$24||$116||$944||$79|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$276||$476||$356||$22||$106||$1,236||$103|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$318||$476||$356||$22||$106||$1,278||$107|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$348||$534||$466||$28||$140||$1,516||$126|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$270||$448||$390||$24||$116||$1,248||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in your specific Providence location which can affect price quotes considerably.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Honda CR-V annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Providence CR-V insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, it's most likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Honda CR-V but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your CR-V more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
Low mileage costs less - The more you drive every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your CR-V may be costing you higher rates.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If the Honda CR-V has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Gender impacts costs - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that men are worse drivers. Females and males have fender benders in similar numbers, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Always have auto insurance - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Your vocation is a factor - Careers like real estate brokers, executives and stock brokers are shown to have higher premium rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as scientists, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Frequent policy claims will cost you more - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn't be surprised to get higher rates. Car insurance companies in Rhode Island award the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Insurance loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the historical loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or tendancy to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda CR-V Vehicles
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Providence car insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every discount very well, so we researched a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Providence auto insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current CR-V insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, multi-policy, family plan, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, air bags, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and good student.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, good student, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include 55 and older, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, air bag, driver training, bundle, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in your state. To see a list of providers who offer online Honda CR-V insurance quotes in Providence, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from Providence insurance agents
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is still important in Providence.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Providence auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Providence agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to contact a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Providence that can give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Providence exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Providence should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Once you have good responses for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don't think that you are obligated to the car insurance policy for the full policy term.
Find cheap rates by comparing often
We just covered many ideas to find cheaper Honda CR-V insurance in Providence. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Honda CR-V rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. More affordable insurance in Providence is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Providence agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about insurance in Rhode Island is available on the following sites:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)