Are you researching the cheapest Hyundai Sonata insurance in Providence? Paying cheap prices for Hyundai Sonata insurance in Providence might be nearly impossible for drivers new to quoting coverage rates online. With so many companies in the marketplace, it can be a challenge to locate the lowest price in Rhode Island.
A recent survey discovered that most insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Consumers in Rhode Island could save an average of almost 15% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they changed companies.
Consumers need to quote other rates before your policy renews because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Providence last year you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Providence, RI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$354||$430||$26||$130||$1,136||$95|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$332||$600||$36||$180||$1,368||$114|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$518||$518||$30||$156||$1,492||$124|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$384||$482||$28||$144||$1,204||$100|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$766||$518||$30||$156||$1,770||$148|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$492||$468||$28||$140||$1,408||$117|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$392||$600||$36||$180||$1,458||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify auto insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Hyundai Sonata yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and fender-benders drive up Hyundai Sonata auto insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is mandatory in Rhode Island but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Hyundai Sonata and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Hyundai as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Rhode Island is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to save money.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Incidental coverages you don't use - There are a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't careful. Things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Guys pay higher costs - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males get in fender benders at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Premiums and job - Careers such as fire fighters, business owners and emergency personnel tend to have higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Don't cancel your policy without a new one in place - Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Hyundai Sonata historical loss data - Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine prices. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Hyundai Sonata vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Sonata Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Sonata 129 88 101 138 149 110 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 142 116 119 124 138 121
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance rates and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance savings.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Driver Education Discount - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
Don't be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, early shopping, homeowner, and switch companies.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include driver's education, accident-free, safe vehicle, good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, federal employee, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, newly married, safety features, and newly retired.
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply in your area. To see companies that offer multiple discounts in Providence, follow this link.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Providence.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Providence car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a local agent, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you definitely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Providence that can possibly get you pricing information.
- A.E. Mazika Insurance Services
1529 Mineral Spring Ave - North Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 353-9300 - View Map
- E F Bishop Agency Inc
217 Angell St - Providence, RI 02906 - (401) 421-3210 - View Map
- M F Insurance Inc
50 Nashua St - Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 331-9427 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Providence who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kraig Cloutier
1535 Smith St #1 - North Providence, RI 02911 - (401) 861-7500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cesar Loaiza
187 Douglas Ave - Providence, RI 02908 - (401) 942-0500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Edwin De Jesus
760 N Main St - Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 270-3042 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Providence?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Providence can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don't offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When searching for the cheapest Hyundai Sonata rate quotes, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Narragansett Pier, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Westerly, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much is Rhode Island Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Newport East, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)