Do you want to stop overpaying and find more affordable insurance rates in Providence, RI? Providence drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Volkswagen and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Providence agents.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Rhode Island could save themselves 15% a year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best price on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Providence a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out the best way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Providence.
This article will let you in on the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. Shoppers just have to use the most time-saving way to get comparison rates from many different companies.
Smart Consumers Save More
Many factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating - Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Volkswagen is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Being married equates to better costs - Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your insurance bill. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- High credit scores save money - Having a bad credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Volkswagen Jetta if you improve your credit rating.
- Insurance rates and your occupation - Jobs such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and miners generally pay higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Volkswagen Jetta is classified as a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in Providence.
- Volkswagen Jetta insurance loss data - Insurance companies use historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Models that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the loss history for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest way to compare rate quotes for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Providence is to know most of the larger companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including your education level, your occupation, the year, make and model of vehicles, and your credit rating estimate. The rating information is instantly submitted to all major companies and they return cost estimate immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Rhode Island. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$332||$406||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$348||$650||$466||$28||$140||$1,632||$136|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$618||$458||$28||$138||$1,542||$129|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$346||$716||$490||$30||$146||$1,728||$144|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$320||$618||$466||$28||$140||$1,572||$131|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$450||$490||$30||$146||$1,330||$111|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$450||$490||$30||$146||$1,330||$111|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$262||$462||$356||$22||$106||$1,208||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can revise coverage rates substantially.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can change Volkswagen Jetta yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive formula for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Volkswagen Jetta settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing you more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below compares Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Consumers in Rhode Island can't avoid all the ads for auto insurance savings by State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to have a common claim that people will save if you move your policy.
That's great but how can every company have lower policy pricing?
Many companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a desirable risk may be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and insures a new vehicle. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save some money.
Consumers who don't meet those standards will have to pay more expensive rates with the end result being business not being written. The ads state "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much. That's the way companies can lure you into getting a quote.
That is why drivers must compare rate quotes every year. It's impossible to know the company that will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Choosing Jetta insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Providence, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Rhode Island these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen Jetta, most banks will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don't list every policy discount very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Providence auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best insurance rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Providence Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow data collection to spy on driving patterns remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, air bags, membership and employees, defensive driver, anti-theft, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for accident-free, multi-car, location of vehicle, multi-policy, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, homeowner, multi-car, good student, electronic funds transfer, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for good student, group or association, multi-policy, paperless, paid in full, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new move discount, good student, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, drive less, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- USAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, annual mileage, military installation, new vehicle, family discount, and vehicle storage.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Providence. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Providence, click this link.
Local neighborhood Providence car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Most agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in Providence.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Providence who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Providence
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will want to contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Providence that can possibly get you price quotes.
- Atwood And Palazzo Insurance Agency
565 Broadway - Providence, RI 02909 - (401) 272-4340 - View Map
- Loiselle Insurance Agency
279 Dexter St - Pawtucket, RI 02860 - (401) 723-8510 - View Map
- The Egis Group
81 S Angell St - Providence, RI 02906 - (401) 274-0303 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Providence that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Kraig Cloutier
1535 Smith St #1 - North Providence, RI 02911 - (401) 861-7500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cesar Loaiza
187 Douglas Ave - Providence, RI 02908 - (401) 942-0500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeo Sanchez
1987 Mineral Spring Ave - North Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 349-2900 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Providence should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How long has their agency been open in Providence?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Smart shoppers get results
Lower-priced auto insurance in Providence is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Providence. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Providence auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Providence auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much are Rhode Island Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)