Do you want to learn how to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Providence, RI? Providence drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Toyota Camry insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Toyota and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and Providence agents.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,940, Providence drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes as often as possible because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Toyota Camry insurance in Providence a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the proper way to find great coverage at a great price.
This article will let you in on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you will be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. You only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Cheap car insurance in Providence, RI
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Rhode Island. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Rhode Island minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Providence which can lower or raise insurance rates substantially.
Toyota Camry insurance costs by age and gender
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Camry auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Toyota Camry insurance prices for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Toyota Camry auto insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Seven Tips to Get Cheap Providence Insurance Premiums
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that help calculate auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Lower auto insurance rates by staying claim free - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Rhode Island give better rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Annual mileage and car insurance premiums - The higher the mileage driven annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Camry is throwing money out the window. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage.
- High credit scores save money - Credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit. So if your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Toyota Camry if you clean up your credit.
- Performance makes a difference - The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Toyota Camry is considered a sedan, rates will be about the same as compared to the average rate in Providence.
- Your liability limits - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Where you live - Having an address in less populated areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Low stress occupation equals lower prices - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like lawyers, social workers and miners generally have higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like actors, historians and retirees get better rates.
- Toyota Camry insurance loss statistics - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Camry vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Toyota Camry Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can slash Toyota Camry insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Providence auto insurance online.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Paper-free Discount - A few companies may give you up to $50 get Providence auto insurance on their website.
- Early Switch Discount - A few companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Providence auto insurance quotes online.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in high school.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a slight reduction on a Providence auto insurance quote.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military can result in better insurance rates.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- American Family has savings for good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, early bird, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, multiple policy, student away at school, multiple autos, passive restraint, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, multi-policy, payment discounts, driver training, and save driver.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, good student, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, air bags, and federal employee.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
When getting free Providence auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Rhode Island, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Providence.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Providence who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When finding a reputable agency, there are two types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out why they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing car insurance prices, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Providence that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Nunez Insurance and Tax Services
202 Messer St - Providence, RI 02909 - (401) 461-4660 - View Map
- Quetta Insurance LLC
400 Reservoir Ave - Providence, RI 02907 - (401) 467-6966 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lefebvre Insurance Agency Inc
839 N Main St - Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 273-0022 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Providence exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Cesar Loaiza
187 Douglas Ave - Providence, RI 02908 - (401) 942-0500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Edwin De Jesus
760 N Main St - Providence, RI 02904 - (401) 270-3042 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kraig Cloutier
1535 Smith St #1 - North Providence, RI 02911 - (401) 861-7500 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Providence?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Save $399 a year! What?
Rhode Island drivers can't escape the ads for the lowest price car insurance from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the promise that you'll save big just by switching to them.
How does every company offer you a better deal on Toyota Camry insurance in Providence? It's all in how they say it.
Different companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable insured may need to be between 30 and 50, has no claims, and has great credit. Any new insured that meets those criteria is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to cut their Toyota Camry insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who may not quite match those standards may be required to pay a higher premium which translates to business not being written. The wording the ads use say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great rates.
This emphasizes why drivers should get Providence auto insurance quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which company will be your best fit.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Smart shoppers get results
We just showed you many ideas to compare Toyota Camry insurance prices in Providence. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Rhode Island Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pascoag, Rhode Island? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)